Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez is a historic motor-racing facility located in Mexico City, featuring fast and challenging track designs. The venue is often used to host many motorsports competitions and events.
Nearest track of a similar category is Circuit of the Americas (1201 kilometers away).
The Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez circuit is named after two legendary Mexican Formula One drivers, Ricardo and Pedro Rodríguez.
The circuit was originally built as a temporary track for the 1958 Mexican Grand Prix, not originally meant for permanent use.
In 1986, the circuit underwent a major redesign called ‘The Circus’, which featured a continuous oval design with an infield section.
The circuit held its first World Championship Grand Prix in 1963 and was the first F1 race to take place in Latin America.
The circuit hosted the very first Mexican Grand Prix night race in 1992.
After thirty-one years of absence, the Mexican Grand Prix was reintroduced to the championship schedule in 2015.
The circuit has an overall length of 4.304km and 18 turns.
The first corner, the Peraltada, is a right-hand, 180-degree turn that was nicknamed ‘The Wall of Champions’ by drivers due to its difficulty.
Formula One’s Mexican Grand Prix is currently held in Mexico City at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez.
The Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez circuit is a popular venue for various genres of car racing, including American and Japanese Grand Prix races.